Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day One Competition

Had the opportunity to sit (I have to tell you about this) and watch a lot of the competitions today. Saw the American women's VB team beat Japan, attempted to watch fencing - that is not exciting at all except that the American women swept - gold, silver, and bronze.

Swimming heats came up next - but they are heats and not terribly exciting either. Watched an American men's beach VB team get smoked by Latvia - that wasn't supposed to happen - hope they recover in pool play to get back in the game.

Here's what happened to me yesterday - I lost in a battle with a rose bush. I really hate my rose bushes and made the decision to get rid of them. Cut them back and then needed to dig them out - luckily there are only two of them. So I tried to dig one out and the ground was a little too hard. Jumped on the top of the shovel in an attempt to dig it deeper into the ground and my foot slipped and I fell backwards hitting my right butt cheek on the landscaping wall - today I have a beauty of a bruise and it's painful for me to sit down.

Right now the countdown has begun to the first gold medal attempt by Michael Phelps - the TV just flashed up 13 minutes.

Talk about pressure!

No comments: