Sunday, April 5, 2009

Purse Challenged

April 5th (what?) and still slacking - but I have an excuse. I've been really trying to make all my workouts - even when I have a 13 hour week. Do people my age really make a 13 hour week? I got close - how about 11?

Anyway, my purse strap broke about 2 weeks ago. At first, I successfully duct-taped it back together but about 2 days ago, it totally bit it. Now I'm carrying my purse in my arms like a baby. Friday night I went out in search of a new purse. Here's what you don't know - I get attached to a purse - REALLY attached and it takes me forever to find a replacement.

Some people buy purses like they buy shoes - but that is not me. I find one purse and I run it into the ground and when it's over, I go through the trauma of finding another one. Purses are either too big or too small or just too expensive - no Goldilocks-moment here - none that are just right.

This current purse I bought back in August off of QVC. (I'm an addict and I admit it.) It is really cute, but when I tried to put all my stuff into it, it wouldn't fit. So, I put it in my closet and figured I'd give it away. At that time I was using the D&B purse my husband bought for me about 9 months ago at an outlet store in Destin, Florida. I'd been looking for that purse for 3 years and finally found one I liked that I would let him pay for (dangling participle, I know).

Then I decided that purse was too big and forced myself to use the one off the shelf that used to be too small. I got it to work out for me and now it's broken. The D&B purse is too big and to heavy - so I need to find something else.

I went to the mall on Friday night (which is truly an experience as the range of fashions on the high school kids is amazing - some very weird stuff). I went to Sears, Macy's, Penney's and Dillard's and found only one potential purse that cost $85 and I didn't like it that much - so I came home empty-handed.

Today, I was going to transfer my stuff into the D&B purse and just couldn't bring myself to do it. So, I guess I'll be toting my "baby" purse around until I can find a suitable replacement. I hope that day comes soon.

No comments: