Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Case for Training Buddies

In case you don't know this about me, I hate cold weather. I don't like to run when it's cold and I definitely don't like to bike when it's cold. But, living in St. Louis means that I have to either adapt or do all my winter training indoors. So today, when the temp is supposed to be 50+ degrees I make plans with a friend to go for a bike ride. It was a good plan and a good route.




My friend cancels at the last minute - however, my bike is on the rack on the car, I'm dressed to ride and on my way to the meeting point. My first thought, is great, I can turnaround and go back home - but come on, I'm dressed.



So, I set out for my ride. All of a sudden water is splashing on me and I look down. The sponge part of my tri bottle is missing. So I think that I've forgotten to put it in the bottle. I turn around and go back. I looked all around and in my car and could not find that sponge. So I take the bottle off my bike - but I don't have a spare bottle and don't want to ride without fluids.

No comments: