Friday, November 16, 2007

Catching Up - Left Behind

OMG - I have not posted anything in quite some time. That means that I've either been extremely busy or extremely boring - I'm leaning more towards the boring part. At any rate, time to get back in the swing.

So today, let's discuss friendships. I just got an email from one of my friends that I haven't heard from in months. This "friend" and I trained together every Friday (well, almost every Friday) for 2 years. Then she got a new job. Her new job was with a competitor of the company that employs me. I have a high level position in the company and wondered if this would present any conflict of interest. Actually, I never really got a chance to find out, because she disappeared off the face of the earth. We were supposed to meet one Friday for a training session and she didn't show up. I called and left her a message, I emailed numerous times - no reply at all, no reply at all (to quote Phil Colllins).

What on earth is going on?! As of today, I'm not totally certain, but I'm wondering if she was told that it might be a conflict and has avoided me. But certainly, off line emails or a quick phone call as a courtesy could've explained so that I didn't feel like I'd done something wrong.

We ran into each other a couple times in passing and have been cordial - "let's get together for lunch" - which hasn't happened. Also, today's email was to inquire about an upcoming race - she's pretty sure I'll beat her as she hasn't trained in awhile - I'm not buying that at all.

Anyway, the email ends with the "let's do lunch or dinner" again. We'll see. And then, when we do finally get together do I just let it go or do I ask what in the hell happened. But, maybe I'll never be in that position....We'll see.

No comments: