Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving on Whole30!

Haven't eaten dinner yet but I think it will be awesome! I'm not cooking the turkey but I'm making sure that there is plenty of Whole30 food available. I made a fruit salad out of honeydew, canteloupe, pineapple, orange and banana; a garden salad with spring greens, iceberg, radishes, black olives, cucumbers and cocktail tomatoes - will top that with some homemade ranch dressing. I also have homemade applesauce and mashed sweet potatoes - add the turkey and I think the feast will be complete.

Banana ice cream later this evening for dessert - have you made this before? One ingredient - frozen bananas in the food processor until it becomes ICE CREAM. So many options for toppings - nuts, pineapple, coconut, coconut oil with dark chocolate cocoa mixed in (this actually hardens on the ice cream and is just like a dip cone).

Started my day running a 5k and finished within my goal time and third place in my Age Group - I will take that any day. That would be 3rd out of 10 women - that makes me feel good. It was a difficult run - nothing but hills.

So let's see - day 24 - 6 days left. Oh, and it's my 22nd wedding anniversary today too!

No comments: