Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Checking In

I vowed to blog my progress every day and already I've fallen behind. Hey, I'm busy - busy trying to get myself healed so I can run again. So if I'm not running, what am I doing? Why don't I have time to catch up on my blog? I do not know and do not have any good excuse.

So much for the ramble - I thought I had eaten fairly well over the weekend and was completely surprised and upset when the scale clocked in at 162.6 - yikes! So knuckle under and get things back in check. Today was much better and I weighed in at 160.6 - maybe had some water weight or something hanging around.

Went to the pool and had a decent swim. Did a little bit of water running - wow, that's difficult and I'm not really certain it has any benefit. I don't get winded or anything, so there appears to be no cardio. I even tried to speed it up a little, but that's really hard to do in the water.

Tomorrow I'm planning a nice bike - weather should be good. I'm registered for a duathlon this weekend, but it's doubtful that I will participate - so that will now be two races that I've DNSd. I am not liking this trend one little bit.

Here's another reason why I have difficulty getting this written - my husband has the tv turned up really loud and then he tries to talk to me. Do you know how difficult it is to listen to a loud tv (because I'm trying to follow the baseball game), concentrate and think about what you are trying to write and focus on what your beloved husband is trying to communicate? Multi-tasking - not firing on all cylinders.

Nothing of any interest in this post. Stay tuned, maybe life will pick up tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

No comments: