Friday, April 18, 2008

Turning the Corner

Injury update - still not running, BUT, and this is a big one - I think my injury is finally going away. AND I blame the reason I wasn't healing on the shoes I was wearing to work - they had heels. This must be a very bad thing for hip muscles.

So, I'm very excited at the prospect that I might be back in the game. However, not to get too ahead of myself. I'm literally going to walk before I run. That is my plan for the next 7 days - doing a few walks to see if I can walk without any pain. If there is pain - there will be no running and back to the dr for more treatment.

Now onto better things. I did my first bike time trial Wednesday night. And did I say it was hard? Yes, the wind was 15 mph steady with gusts up to 30 mph. The route was hampered by crosswinds so you really had to hold onto your bike. But I did it - a 15k time trial and being that I was the only 50+ woman to sign up - I get to win!! And since it's a series of 5 weeks - I get the first place and only points for that night in my class. Hopefully, I can hang in there and podium each week and do well in the series. My bike was awesome - did I tell you that I love my bike. I really love my bike.

No comments: