Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Very Good Day

Today is a good day to be positive. I went for an awesome 44 mile bike ride in a lovely part of Illinois called St. Libory - never heard of it, it was a long drive, but it was worth it. The day started out with rain predicted, but fortunately, we never saw it until we were on our way back home - in the car. I had one part of the bike ride around mile 20 where my back started hurting a lot. Luckily, there was a rest stop at mile 23 and I stretched out pretty good. After that, I was good to go.

Post ride, I went for a 20 minute+ run - running 2 miles. It didn't feel too bad and post-run, I have some pain in my hip, but it's not terrible.

Tomorrow I go to an ortho doc to check on why I'm not really improving the way I'd like. I reflect on my running capabilities prior to my injury and I would really like to return to that - maybe a little pain just because I'm old, but for the most part, I can just run until I'm too tired. I never appreciated that fact until now and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get back to that. I'm so impatient and tired of not being able to just go and workout as hard as I'd like. But we'll see what he has to say - I'm a little scared that I'm going to be told to halt all activity and that will be extremely difficult and depressing.

But for today, it was a very good day and I will revel in that.

No comments: