Monday, October 22, 2007

Babbling

Just want to get down a couple of thoughts -

I really want a tattoo - but I don't know that 54 year old women should go get tattoos - seems wrong somehow. But what I want would be a triathlon tattoo (see below - minus the verbiage) that would go on my right/back shoulder. It's a circle with a characterization of the three disciplines inside the circle.) I'm pretty sure my husband will say I'm nuts - so I'm not sure I want to go there just yet.

I ran 10 miles of a half marathon yesterday. It wasn't a race, it was a real nice group run, but I'm not trained to do a half, so I only did 10 miles. I forgot to put body glide on my underarms - about 6 miles into the run, I felt that all too familiar stinging sensation and knew I was doomed. The rest of the run, I worried about how bad the chafing was getting to be and how loud I would scream when I got into the shower. The chafing under both arms was really bad - but when I got home I put some Neosporin on the chafed areas and got into the shower - I didn't scream, only winced a little. I also think that helped make it not so bad today - although it looks terrible, it doesn't feel bad.

I also put an ice pack on my hip when I got home for 20 minutes to help prevent any future hip flexor issues (just finished working with a chiropractor to make that injury better) - but the cold pack left red blotches on my hip. So I'm now a mix of red blotches including the chafed underarms - looks real nice.

No comments: