Friday, October 26, 2007

ReRuns

They're inevitable - aren't they? But the upside is, for TV, you get to see episodes or begin watching programs you've never seen before. Who knew it would hold true for blogs as well?

Went to my most favorite blog today and you won't believe it, but it was a rerun of a previous blog. I guess the writer must be on hiatus - after all, the triathlon season is over. Does that mean we will be reading reruns until next season - would that be March, April - when?

But like I said, the upside is, I'm new to that blog so the rerun was new for me and I enjoyed it every bit as much as if it had been written within the last 24 hours.

I've actually become quite dependent on reruns or in reality, replays. I love DVR - I need DVR for my entire life. I'm never quite focused (notice the title of my blog site) so I barely catch things and if they sound interesting - I want to go back and replay what I missed. Now that I can do this we TV, I'm very spoiled. I want it for radio talk shows that I listen to at work - I sort of half listen - what was that? I really want to start that over, but, I don't think there is Tivo for radio. Same with meetings and conversations in general - I catch a part of something that interests me and I really need to go back a minute or two to capture the entire conversation.

OK, while we're on the subject of listening - I'm not sure if I'm going deaf or if I have ADD. I just don't hear everything. Cell phones are the worst - I try really hard to listen to every word and still I can't get it all - only bits and pieces. So I have to constantly be thinking to make the assortment of words make sense in my head. That can give you a headache.

So if you ask me a question and I give you a goofy answer - it's probably because somewhere I missed a key word that would have given me a clue what the hell you were talking about, so I made up something in my head and that's what I answered or commented on. Don't take it personal - I do it to everyone.

No comments: