Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 11 and those leading Up

Extremely busy at work this week and at home as well - finally getting around to logging everything or most everything. My husband was out of town for three days and you would think I'd have time to do stuff - I guess I do too much stuff.

Anyway, Wed. night I went to a Computrainer class - it was fun and hard all at the same time. I sweated my ass off. So when I went outside to put my bike on the car rack, I caught a chill. I didn't get home until about 7:00 - I hadn't eaten dinner and was really hungry. But I honestly do not remember what I ate - maybe some bacon and eggs.

Thursday I met my friend after work to do a 4 mile run. I had frozen some crock pot chili that I made a week ago. I had put that in the fridge so we could have it for dinner. I made that and some hot dogs for my husband and I had a sweet potato with the chili on top and some broccoli. That really didn't sound appetizing but it turned out to be really good and satisfying. Breakfasts have been egg muffins (which I need to make more this weekend) and bacon or sausage and zucchini. Lunches have been salads - actually on Wednesday I went to Subway with my son and I had chicken and bacon salad - brought my own dressing. Organic hotdogs have a strange flavor but they are good and I had them Thursday for lunch.

Today's lunch was a salad with a hamburger patty and some canteloupe - had a really good one that was very sweet. I don't know if fruit has been better lately or if I'm just noticing their sweetness more since I don't eat any sugar.

Lots to do this weekend - need to make more mayo (will try again to see if I can get a combination of ingredients that I like), need to make protein bites, egg muffins and right now I'm making some homemade applesauce - the house smells amazing right now. http://www.thesaladgirl.com/2011/01/10/homemade-unsweetened-applesauce-recipe/

So I'm a little over a third of the way through and it seems that I wasn't missing forbidden foods much at all until today - everything I saw looked good. I saw a box of cinnamon donuts at Aldis that looked amazing - I bet I could've knocked down the entire box - and I don't usually eat donuts ever anymore.

I'm thinking about Thanksgiving and how that's going to work for me. My mom is hosting and will be making a turkey breast. I already warned her that I would be bringing my own food beyond the turkey and explained my diet. Her mother was a vegetarian that organically grew most of the foods they ate - we always thought that was so weird and yet here I am basically channeling her. So I'm going to bring some sweet potatoes, a nice big garden salad and a fruit salad. I really want to try to make some ice cream (coconut and pineapple) but haven't found a good recipe yet. I don't have an ice cream maker so I'll have to find something that works without one.

Tomorrow is another lunch challenge - going out with a friend. I will bring my own dressing, make sure they don't put forbidden extras on the salad and opt for a chicken breast. The enjoyment will come from visiting with my friend and not the food.

No comments: