Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17 - More than Half Way

Part of me is looking forward to the end of the 30 days and yet, another part of me is uncertain what to do next. Don't get me wrong - this has gone really well. There are some foods that I "miss" but I don't really need to make them a regular part of my diet. But I don't want to slip bac into old habits and eating "convenience" crap foods.

The challenge has really been the ability to plan meals and cook things in advance so as not to be caught with nothing to eat. It is way too easy to just go to Taco Bell or something and grab some food to eat. For the most part, that food just isn't acceptable. Will I have the ability to slide from time to time and pick up where I left off?

The really nice thing is that we will be leaving for our cruise a few days after my Whole30 is over. My experience with cruises is that there is a lot of quality foods being served and one must choose wisely. Most likely the foods will be prepared in a totally non-Whole30 manner, but again, I think it comes down to making quality choices.

What do I want back? An occasional diet soda and/or glass of wine; dark chocolate (this is a definite); still searching for a way to make mayonnaise that I like as well as my three cheese ranch salad dressing; mocha cappuccino. Really, that's about it. I'll look at the Paleo plan and see if that is a good alternative. Maybe even do an alternate between that and Whole30. I know there is a section in the book about what to do next and I'll need to review that.

There's still 13 days to go. I can't say I feel great, because I don't - so not certain there might be something else going on. A physical might be in order. In fact, I would like to see my numbers regarding cholesterol as it tends to be high - perhaps that has changed. I also can't weight to see the scale results. I feel thinner - but not a lot. I would like to see if my fat percentage has significantly changed. I also think I see some more muscle definition. My legs definitely look more toned. I'm really hoping the next 13 days turns the corner and I start seeing an increase in energy levels.

I definitely believe that this is a much healthier way of eating. I really want to retain the majority of what I've learned, but I'm lazy....got to figure out a way to beat that.

No comments: