Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Whole30 - Day 1

Here we go. I've spent the past two weeks getting ready for Day 1 and come the morning of, I am totally unprepared. Went out last night and didn't get home in time to make homemade mayo - eggs and lemon must be at room temp - forgot to do that before we left the house. Luckily I made the avocado dressing (which is OK, not great) for my salad today.

Made the homemade mayo this morning after my 4 mile run and before heading off to work. Left the eggs and lemon sitting out overnight - hope that works out OK. Second attempt at homemade mayo - about the same result as the first. Still not pleased with the texture, but the fridge will usually thicken it up and we'll see. Then I can make the creamy italian dressing which isn't too bad.

Breakfast was leftover broccoli quiche from the Paleo cookbook without the cheese and a chicken/apple sausage. Also had a mixture of walnuts, almonds and macadamias. Have an apple for a mid morning snack. I should bring some almond butter to add to the apple as that would be really yummy.

Lunch is going to be a salad with black olives and tiny tomatoes using the avocado salad dressing that I made. Also will have two organic hotdogs and I brought along 3-4 protein bites that came from the Paleo cookbook. These taste a lot like a blueberry Lara bar.

I have a Lara bar in case I get hungry before dinner. Not sure what dinner will be but thinking maybe eggs, bacon and turnip hashbrowns. These are in the Paleo cookbook and look awesome.

Will check in later to report on the final parts of the day. Weighed myself this morning for a starting point for the 30 days.

No comments: