Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7 - One Week into the Challenge

Yesterday I was despairing some but feel better today. My sweet tooth is kicking in a little and I'm missing sugar. Now, keep in mind I've really done without sugar and grains for over 3 weeks - but today I wish I could have something really sweet.

I took the day off today to just have time to myself and here's what happened. My husband had to go out of town (this never happens) and I had to get up at 4:30 AM to take him to the airport. Then, when talking to my mom, I found out she had to take my dad to a surgeon today to have a big mole removed. She didn't know how to get there and was uncertain about the weather. I volunteered to drive them - good deed for the day - 3 and a half hours I won't be getting back. Then, because the entire day was ruined, I took my car to the dealer and got an oil change and emissions testing for my tags. I was able to get this done online- painless.

No lunch today....yes, you heard me right. No lunch because I had to meet my parents at Noon to take them to the doctors. Didn't get home until 3:00 so I missed lunch.

Breakfast was cocoa latte, two fried eggs and bacon - I think that's all I had! Then this afternoon I had an apple and one protein bite. Then I made the sweet potato chews (http://whole9life.com/2010/10/stm-pwo-sweet-potato/) - they seem like a nice diversion - something different to eat. For dinner, I had a salad with my homemade ranch dressing and some of the left over chili. I also ate a banana.

I was able to get in an abs workout from the Insanity DVD today. I had wanted to go do a trail run but it rained too much to do that. Not sure if we will be able to get tomorrow morning's run in or not. They are predicting rain.

I think tomorrow for dinner I'm going to make a meatloaf out of ground turkey. Hope that turns out yummy - it sounds good right now.

No comments: