Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12 - Almost Half Way!

Last night I made homemade applesauce - it is SO good. It was really easy to make and I believe I will take that to my mom's on Thanksgiving. I think everyone will enjoy it.

I can't believe I'm almost half way through this challenge. So often there are times when I just don't know what to eat, yet I find something. In most instances, everything I've tried has been good - with exception of a few things.

My lunch today went well. I had a grilled chicken salad - no cheese or croutons please. It was very good and I had a great visit with my friend. I think we are grilling steaks for dinner - I also pulled out a couple of chicken breasts that I can use for lunches this week.

This morning I had a dark chocolate latte, some eggs and bacon. As always, it was yummy.

Lots to do tomorrow. Church, then swimming, then running with a friend, then volleyball and soccer games to watch.

Made some more mayonnaise last night with the stick blender - it came out just fine. I tried a little taste and it might be better - not sure yet. I hope the taste works for me - then I will have conquered another must have.

Today's big project - not sure how this got started but it was a good result. Cleaned out the cabinet that holds cooking supplies and threw away all the old outdated stuff. I'm ashamed at how old some things were. Then I cleaned out and organized the pantry. Totally sprayed down the counters and appliances in the kitchen - all shiny clean and ready to cook again.

No comments: